I don't know where the time went. One moment I was sitting in Tante Jos en Tante Bep's parlor trying to explain that I was Leo Vandervlugt's daughter, the next I am on the other side of the North Sea, wandering around Aberdeen and trying to find a store with bedding so I don't have to sleep on a bare mattress in my new room. If you want to find out about my visit to the great aunts or my Kermis experience, you'll have to ask me in person the next time I see you, because too much stuff is happening and I need to start recording my Scotland adventures.
Jess and I were supposed to meet Edith, the program director, at the Aberdeen airport. But we didn't. Our flight from A-dam to Heathrow was about 30 min late, and the lines to get through border security were really, really long. So we missed our connecting flight by about, oh, ten minutes. Because annoying airport lady wouldn't let us go in the shorter line or cut in the long line, even though we explained that we were going to miss our flight. But I shouldn't have gotten angry because everything worked out and we got on another flight to Aberdeen 2 hours later. We had to pay for a taxi to get to Hillhead, and we missed lunch, meeting with the group, and important information. But so far, we are not suffering from any repercussions because of that. It was only annoying that we had to venture downtown (a forty minute walk) to find bedding for my bed, and we did not know where the shopping was downtown, only a vague direction. And it was getting late, 5:30, and we weren't sure when the stores closed. But we made it to Primark and I found some cheap sheets and a duvet in time. Jess and I also had a near death experience when we tried to cross the street and looked in the wrong direction and a car came zooming at us out of nowhere. The little green man light at the crosswalks is now my new bestfriend.
On friday our whole group drove to Arbroath, to see the ruins of Arbroath Abbey. It was amazing. There are pictures on my facebook, check them out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment