Thursday, September 3, 2009
Stepping out of my insecurities and into the wide, wide world
I am leaving in less than 24 hours. Yikes. The excitement and stress is getting to me, as is the allergy medicine I just took (I am about to fall asleep). My flight leaves O'Hare at 7 pm tomorrow, then a connecting flight in London, and Jess and I should be in Amsterdam at 2 o'clock the next day. I really dislike flying and navigating airports and doing all this connecting flight stuff and worrying about the plane mysteriously crashing or my suitcases getting irretrievably lost. So please pray for me that everything goes well and I stay calm. My next post will actually be about my trip and not preparing for it. Yay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's really fun to navigate airports by yourself, I got used to it from last year! Just follow the right signs and don't feel intimidated by the purposefully striding, serious-looking-straight-forward intense people bustling about at a fast clip. They don't know more than you even if it seems so. As for the luggage, it's out of your control!
ReplyDelete...and as for planes crashing, after 9/11 TWO THOUSAND people died in car crashes when they chose to drive instead of taking their planned flight. None of the planes crashed during that same time period.
ReplyDelete